Many companies have started working according to their budget of 2016 and their strategic staffing plan process. In lieu of the prevailing market conditions: new demands of technology, disruptive innovation, workforce dynamics, you might want to consider a staffing plan for 2020.
A four-year plan for the incorporation of initiatives, acquisition of new talent, succession planning, development of existing talent and the alignment of their career with the company’s mission/vision and values is essential for any business which aspires to succeed.
Here are some ideas on how you could start the strategic staffing vision:
• Identifying the few important players from different areas/departments to join the planning team –start asking them to pen down their views &opinions about what they interpret about the company’s internal strengths and weaknesses, emerging needs and service expectations, external changes and trends, and critical issues facing the organisation.
• Reviewing and sharing of the ideas with the planning team and then collectively deciding what are the top three/four critical issues which the organisation can face in the next four years.
• Identifying the points of common ground and divergence – Choosing of one initiative for each critical issue faced by the organisation and determining how the executions will take place.
• Determining the right talent for driving this strategy – then roll out the initiatives to each and every leader in your team and then ask them for assessing their own bench strength and also the capacity for execution.
• Training, developing, promoting, and hiring of new teammates –Revamping of every quarter or evaluating it twice a year based on the complexities of the industry/team.
Subscribe to YOMA Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at -http://www.yomamultinational.com/