Sales Managers, Hiring Managers and HR have all had experience with both good and bad employees. For this very reason every employer has a set idea of what he or she seeks in potential hires. Here are the big seven:
1) Intelligence: – In numerous studies, it has been found that the productivity and contribution of an employee will be determined by his or her level of intelligence. Intelligence in this sense means the ability to plan, to organise, to set priorities, to solve problems, and to get the job done. Intelligence refers to your level of good judgement and your sensible ability to deal with the day-to-day challenges of the job. The key to demonstrating your intelligence is for you to ask intelligent questions. One of the hallmarks of intelligence that is immediately evident is curiosity. The more you ask good questions and listen to the answers, the smarter you appear.
2) Leadership ability: – Leadership is the willingness and the desire to accept responsibility for results. It’s the ability to take charge, to volunteer for assignments, and to accept accountability for achieving the required results of those assignments. The mark of the leader is that he or she does not make excuses. You demonstrate your willingness to be a leader in the organization by offering to take charge of achieving company goals and then committing yourself to performing at high levels.
3) Integrity: – It’s probably the most important single quality for long-term success in life and at work. Integrity begins by being true to yourself. This means that you are perfectly honest with yourself and in your relationships with others. You are willing to admit your strengths and weaknesses. You never say anything negative about a previous employer or a person whom you have worked with or for. Even if you were fired from a previous job, never say anything negative or critical.
4) Likeability: – Employers like people who are warm, friendly, easygoing, and Likecooperative with others. Employers are looking for people who can join the team and be part of the work family. Men and women with good personalities are invariably more popular and more effective at whatever they do. Teamwork is the key to business success. Your experience in working as part of a team in the past and your willingness to work as part of a team in the future can be among the most attractive things about you in applying for a job.
5) Competence: – Competence is terribly important to your success. It is really the foundation of everything that happens to you in your career. In its simplest terms, competence is the ability to get the job done. It is the ability to set priorities, to separate the relevant from the irrelevant tasks, and then to concentrate single-mindedly until the job is complete.
6) Courage: – This is the willingness to take risks. Courage also means the willingness to accept challenges, the willingness to take on big jobs or even new jobs where there is a high degree of uncertainty and the possibility of failure. Have the willingness to speak up and say exactly what you think and feel in a difficult situation. Employers admire people who are not afraid to speak their minds and you demonstrate this in a job interview when you ask frank and direct questions about the company, the position, and the future that you might have with their organization.
7) Inner-Strength: – Inner strength means that you have the determination and the ability to persevere in the face of adversity. Inner strength means that you have the quality of persistence when the going gets rough. You demonstrate inner strength when you remain calm, cool, and relaxed during the job interview. If you are calm and cool during the interview, it is a good indication that you will be calm and cool in the inevitable happenings that occur during the day-to- day operations of a company. Above all, it is your character, which is the sum total of all your positive qualities, that will have the greatest impact on whether you get the job you want.
About Us: — YOMA Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd.along with its partner companies provides end-to-end HR solutions to match your business needs. For more information, call us at- 1800-102-1345
Subscribe to YOMA Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at -http://www.yomamultinational.com/