There are two sweetmeat shops right around the corner of a small town. During festivals, almost the entire populace flocks down to those shops to buy the much-needed sweets. Even during the wedding season the shops are buzzing with people. However, one of those shops is better looking, better managed, and its owner is well-off as compared to the owner of the other shop. There’s no difference in the products they offer, as such. Their sweets are equally tasty and hygienic. But somehow, the other shop can’t seem to match up. They are at par in sales, products, services, almost everything. But there’s one difference that leads up to everything, and makes the tables turn.
One of the sweetmeat shop owner hires extra cooks when there is festival season on a contract basis, and lets them go once the extra demand dies down. The other one has a constant fleet of cooks who are always there, despite dearth or excess of demand in the market. Paying them throughout the year doesn’t seem to be very fruitful for the owner, and he constantly finds himself trying to balance the finances. That sounds very simple, but indeed is one of the most important pillars of the corporate world- Temporary staffing.
In this time and age where start-ups are bubbling right around every corner and established companies are expanding into unchartered territories, there is a lot going on than ever before. Staffing, as every other aspect of the business world, is very crucial to the growth of an organization as well as the common entrepreneurial temperament in the sector. And as the competition gets tougher each day, temporary staffing has emerged as one of the strongest tools to harness the full potential of human resources available. If you still have doubts, we will give you five reason why you should opt for temporary staffing in your company:
- Better resource allocation: When you pick temporary staff, you can allocate your permanent staff to other projects where they are better suited or needed. It increases the prospects of maximizing the profit and skills of resources available. It facilitates the specialization of the workforce.
- During pressuring times, it is always easy to accommodate the finances by getting fewer temporary staff rather than letting go of permanent ones. Hence, the flexibility of workforce remains.
- If you’re operating in a small-scale company, temporary staffing is your boon. Getting it serviced by a good staffing agency like YOMA Business Solutions on their payroll gets you good, suitable candidates and you don’t have to go through the hassles of hiring process.
- It also acts as a good buffer between hiring someone permanently and testing them out. As an evaluation process, it acts well for the needs of the company. If the temporary staff suits the needs of the company, they can be hired as permanent ones too. As Joe Broschak, Assistant Professor of Organizational Behavior at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, shared some of his findings about a study of temporary workers: “On average, these temporary workers displayed better performance relative to goals compared to their full-time counterparts.” For those temps later hired as full-time employees, Broschak reported that “they continued to become better workers after becoming permanent.” (source: businessknowhow.com)
- It creates a diverse pool of workforce to choose from across industries. In the short-term as well as long-term, it helps create trained staff which go on to become a crucial asset to the economy.
As the macrocosm of the corporate world is considered, temporary staffing is one of the most important ways to expand and grow, for the companies. The reasons listed above should be more than enough to implore you to give it a try, but you’re still unsure you can contact specialists at YOMA Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd. They’ll definitely help you get a better, closer picture.
Subscribe to YOMA Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Keep up to date on the latest content, here at -http://www.yomamultinational.com/